Opening for the 2020 season on Saturday, June 20
One of the Midwest’s best beaches, Silver Beach in St. Joseph offers a perfect location to launch your kayak or stand-up paddleboard on Lake Michigan and take in sweeping views of our iconic lighthouse.
How does it work?
- Reserve your rental equipment, date, and time here.
- We’ll email you to confirm your reservation, and to provide a liability waiver to sign electronically.
- Arrive at our rental site 10 minutes ahead of your scheduled time, and you’ll be ready to paddle!
- You’ll paddle for your scheduled duration, returning to the same place you started.
- For groups larger than 20, please contact us. We can handle very large groups – up to 70 people! Get more info on large group outings here.
Prefer not to reserve your rental equipment in advance? You’re welcome to drop by to rent, but please note that your selection may be limited depending on demand.
Please note that we have implemented health and safety procedures in accordance with CDC and local government guidelines, including online reservations and payment, consistent cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, regular hand-washing and sanitizing, and increased staff training. As paddling is an outdoor activity, it allows you to naturally maintain recommended social distance and enjoy some much-needed exercise, sunshine, and fresh air!
- Need to reschedule? Your confirmation email will have a link that allows you to reschedule if needed.
- If the rental site is closed due to unsafe weather conditions on the day of your reservation, we will notify you to reschedule.
- We will gladly reschedule your rental for the current or following season, but there are no refunds on these services.
When are you open?
Opening for the 2020 season on Saturday, June 20!
Please note that hours are subject to change due to weather and water conditions. Check our homepage for today’s hours, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram for updates and special events.
How much does it cost?
What to bring?
Dress for the weather; come prepared to get a little wet from the drip of your paddle and be out in the sun. Lightweight, synthetic clothing is best. Sunglasses, sunblock, and a hat are a good idea. Your camera has a possibility of getting wet, so bring a waterproof bag. Sorry, no alcohol allowed!
Where is it located?
Silver Beach kayak & paddleboard rentals are located at Silver Beach County Park in St. Joseph, Michigan, within walking distance of downtown St. Joseph and Third Coast Surf Shop.
Third Coast Paddling – Silver Beach Kayak & Paddleboard Rentals
Silver Beach County Park, 101 Broad Street
St. Joseph, Michigan 49085