OPEN WEEKENDS THROUGH FALL
PADDLE OUR BRAND-NEW FLEET OF RENTAL KAYAKS!
Paw Paw River, St. Joseph/Benton Harbor: Open Saturdays and Sundays 10 am-6 pm EST (last rentals go out at 5 pm)
Galien River, New Buffalo: Open Saturdays and Sundays 10 am-6 pm EST (last rentals go out at 5 pm)
Silver Beach, St. Joseph: Closed for the season
ADVANCE RESERVATIONS RECOMMENDED – BOOK NOW
SOUTHWEST MICHIGAN KAYAK & PADDLEBOARD RENTALS
Paddle Lake Michigan from beautiful Silver Beach in St. Joseph, or discover our two river sites – the Paw Paw River in St. Joseph/Benton Harbor and the Galien River in New Buffalo!
Ready for a fun day on the water your friends and family will never forget? Rent kayaks or paddleboards on the Paw Paw River in St. Joseph/Benton Harbor or the Galien River in New Buffalo, or explore Lake Michigan from Silver Beach in St. Joseph! It’s a great way for all ages — kids and families included — to get active and explore some of Southwest Michigan’s best outdoor attractions.
Reserve your kayak or paddleboard for your preferred date and time!
We highly encourage you to book ahead of time to make sure you get the equipment you want at the time you want.
Choose Your Location to Get Started
Pricing & Equipment
What ages are allowed to paddle?
- Kids under the age of 18 cannot paddle alone without someone over 18 in the group.
- Kids age 14 and older can paddle their own kayak or paddleboard if accompanied by a parent or guardian in another kayak or on another paddleboard.
- Kids under the age of 14 can ride in a double kayak only if accompanied by an adult; there is no age limit, and it is up to the parent’s/guardian’s discretion.
- After you make your reservation, look for a confirmation email with details about your booking. In the email, follow the instructions to fill out the liability waiver online for yourself and anyone else in your group before you arrive to paddle. (This will help you get out onto the water more quickly!)
- When you arrive at our rental site, please bring your driver’s license, as you will need to leave your license with our staff as a security deposit while you paddle.
- Dress for the weather; come prepared to get a little wet from the drip of your paddle and be out in the sun. Sunglasses, sunblock, and a hat are a good idea. Your phone/camera have a possibility of getting wet, so bring a waterproof bag.
- Sorry, no alcohol allowed during paddling!
- Dogs aren’t permitted at Silver Beach County Park, but you’re welcome to bring your furry friends to paddle the Paw Paw River or Galien River.
- If you have a reservation, please arrive promptly at your scheduled time (note that we are on Eastern time). If you are late for your scheduled time, we may be unable to accommodate you when you arrive.
- If the rental site is closed due to unsafe weather conditions on the day of your reservation, we will notify you to reschedule.
- If you need to reschedule your reservation, please use the link in your booking confirmation email to choose a new day and time. If you have questions about rescheduling or are unable to find a new day and time that will work for you, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we ask you to let us know at least 24 hours in advance if you can’t make your reserved time.
- We’re happy to reschedule your rental for the current or following season, but there are no refunds on these services.
Visit Our Three Southwest Michigan Locations
- Paw Paw River – located just minutes from downtown St. Joseph and the Benton Harbor Arts District, you can explore beautiful wetlands and paddle through Harbor Shores Resort, a Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course.
- Silver Beach – one of the Midwest’s best beaches, Silver Beach offers a perfect location to launch your kayak or stand-up paddleboard on Lake Michigan and take in sweeping views of our iconic lighthouse.
- Galien River – discover Harbor Country on a kayak or stand-up paddleboard as you paddle through the New Buffalo Marsh, a unique Great Lakes marsh that formed along the Galien River just upstream from Lake Michigan.
Visit our FAQ for some quick answers and get more info on each site at the links above the video. We look forward to helping you paddle the Third Coast soon!