TODAY’S HOURS – TUESDAY, AUGUST 4, 2020
Paw Paw River, Benton Harbor/St. Joseph: Open 10 am-6 pm EST (last rentals go out at 5 pm EST)
Galien River, New Buffalo: Open 10 am-6 pm EST (last rentals go out at 5 pm EST)
Silver Beach, St. Joseph: Closed today due to conditions on Lake Michigan; visit us tomorrow 10 am-6 pm EST (last rentals go out at 5 pm EST)
SOUTHWEST MICHIGAN KAYAK & PADDLEBOARD RENTALS
Paddle Lake Michigan from beautiful Silver Beach in St. Joseph, or discover our two river sites – the Paw Paw River in St. Joseph/Benton Harbor and the Galien River in New Buffalo!
Ready for a fun day on the water your friends and family will never forget? Rent kayaks or paddleboards on the Paw Paw River in St. Joseph/Benton Harbor or the Galien River in New Buffalo, or explore Lake Michigan from Silver Beach in St. Joseph! It’s a great way for all ages — kids and families included — to get active and explore some of Southwest Michigan’s best outdoor attractions.
New for 2020 –
Reserve your kayak or paddleboard for your preferred date and time!
We highly encourage you to book ahead of time to make sure you get the equipment you want at the time you want.
Choose Your Location to Get Started
Pricing & Equipment
Please note that we have implemented health and safety procedures in accordance with CDC and local government guidelines, including online reservations and payment, consistent cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, regular hand-washing and sanitizing, and increased staff training. As paddling is an outdoor activity, it allows you to naturally maintain recommended social distance and enjoy some much-needed exercise, sunshine, and fresh air!
- If you have a reservation, please arrive promptly at your scheduled time (note that we are on Eastern time). If you are late for your scheduled time, we may be unable to accommodate you when you arrive.
- If the rental site is closed due to unsafe weather conditions on the day of your reservation, we will notify you to reschedule.
- If you can’t make your reserved time, please let us know at least 24 hours in advance by emailing email@example.com, and we will gladly reschedule your rental for the current or following season. Please note that there are no refunds on these services.
What to bring?
Please bring your driver’s license, as you will need to leave your license with our staff as a security deposit while you paddle. Dress for the weather; come prepared to get a little wet from the drip of your paddle and be out in the sun. Lightweight, synthetic clothing is best. Sunglasses, sunblock, and a hat are a good idea. Your camera has a possibility of getting wet, so bring a waterproof bag. Sorry, no alcohol allowed! Dogs aren’t permitted at Silver Beach County Park, but you’re welcome to bring your furry friends to paddle the Paw Paw River or Galien River.
What ages are allowed to paddle?
- Kids under the age of 18 cannot paddle alone without someone over 18 in the group.
- Kids age 14 and older can paddle their own kayak or paddleboard if accompanied by a parent or guardian in another kayak or on another paddleboard.
- Kids under the age of 14 can ride in a double kayak only if accompanied by an adult; there is no age limit, and it is up to the parent’s/guardian’s discretion.
Visit Our Three Southwest Michigan Locations
- Paw Paw River – located just minutes from downtown St. Joseph and the Benton Harbor Arts District, you can explore beautiful wetlands and paddle through Harbor Shores Resort, a Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course.
- Silver Beach – one of the Midwest’s best beaches, Silver Beach offers a perfect location to launch your kayak or stand-up paddleboard on Lake Michigan and take in sweeping views of our iconic lighthouse.
- Galien River – discover Harbor Country on a kayak or stand-up paddleboard as you paddle through the New Buffalo Marsh, a unique Great Lakes marsh that formed along the Galien River just upstream from Lake Michigan.
Visit our FAQ for some quick answers and get more info on each site at the links above the video. We look forward to helping you paddle the Third Coast soon!